%PM, %06 %745 %2017 %17:%Oct

Help keep pubs afloat

Written by

Pub Sign IconHelp keep pubs afloat!

CAMRA are urging all members to get involved in the Tax campaign ahead of the Budget. All CAMRA members are being asked to take action to save our pubs from sinking. While it's the publicans and brewers that pay the tax bills, it's ultimately consumers like you who will pay the price as publicans and brewers are forced to put up prices or go bust.

CAMRA are calling for a £5,000 annual business rate relief for all pubs as well as a freeze in beer duty.

What you can do:

  1. Urge your MP to support the campaign. CAMRA has a lobby page:

https://e-activist.com/page/11769/action/1 Fill in the details and the system finds your MP and emails them direct, it takes seconds to do.

  1. Attend an MP’s constituency surgery to speak about the issue directly with your MP or call the Parliamentary Switchboard and ask to be put through to your MPs office on 020 7219 3000.
  2. Write to your local Council urging them to implement a business rate relief scheme – a template letter to your Council Leader or directly elected Mayor can be downloaded from here
    NB: make sure you are writing to the council that is the billing authority for your area, a list can be found here

You don’t have to attend CAMRA branch meetings to take part in CAMRA work every act like this helps CAMRA campaigning

Read 355 times Last modified on %PM, %19 %694 %2017 %15:%Nov
More in this category: « CBoB nominations Head of Steam »
Login to post comments

JoomBall - Cookies

Committee Menu and Login